Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Writer's Review of The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah E. Ladd

{Dawns Review}

I LOVED this book, and not just because Sarah is my friend. The woman knows how to put together a well written plot with super-awesome main characters and the right thoughts and feelings for those characters to have at just the right time. The emotional journey and spiritual journey of a character are two of the things I'm super picky about when reading any book. There are other things, but if this is off, I end up hating the book. The beginning, the ending and everything in between was just right. It was so much like a mix of Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer that I couldn't help but be pleased.  This was the first book (of many, I'm sure) that I had the chance to know something about before it was ever published and on the shelves of bookstores--and that made it a joy to read as well.

There is one passage in the middle of the book that I loved most; the perfect pinnacle of Amelia Barrett's character arc. But I'm not going to do Sarah the disservice of quoting it here. You'll need to read the book yourself and get to that passage on your own as she leads you there with her words and her perfectly poetic way of writing them.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Sarah E. Ladd has more than ten years of marketing experience. She is a graduate of Ball State University and holds degrees in public relations and marketing. “The Heiress of Winterwood” was the recipient of the 2011 Genesis Award for historical romance. Sarah lives in Indiana with her amazing husband, sweet daughter, and spunky Golden Retriever. Find out more about Sarah at http://www.sarahladd.com.

No comments: